May 18, 2026

No LRT service between Bukit Panjang and Senja stations after man falls onto track

No LRT service between Bukit Panjang and Senja stations after man falls onto track

Transport operator SMRT first flagged the “major delay” at 6am, later saying services were affected due to a track intrusion.

File photo of a train along the Bukit Panjang LRT line.

SINGAPORE: There is currently no LRT train service between Senja and Bukit Panjang stations after a man fell onto the track, transport operator SMRT said on Monday (May 18).

SMRT first flagged the “major delay” in a Facebook post at 6am, later saying that services were affected due to a “track intrusion”.

In a subsequent update at about 7.10am, SMRT said a man was seen trespassing on the track near Segar station at about 5am.

About an hour later, SMRT updated its advisory, specifying that the man was “seen to have fallen onto the track” at Segar station.

“Train services between Petir and Senja stations, in both directions, were temporarily suspended to allow the police safe access to the tracks for investigations,” it said in a Facebook post.

Commuters who require an e-Travel Chit can submit a request via the SMRT website.

Train service remains available between Choa Chu Kang and Bukit Panjang stations, with free bridging bus and regular bus services activated to support affected commuters, said SMRT.

The BPLRT system is an 8km line connecting residential estates within Bukit Panjang and Choa Chu Kang to the North-South and Downtown Lines.

The Land Transport Authority said in November that about 88 per cent of renewal works on the BPLRT system had been completed and the renewal works are slated for completion by the last quarter of 2026.

Written by

DEVASHISH GOVIND TOKEKAR

District Reporter

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

INDIAN PRESS UNION

Indian Press Union (IPU) A National Platform for Journalists and Media Professionals.

© 2026 All Rights Reserved IPU MEDIA ASSOCIATION